Windows X. P. Task bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drftydude

I'm running windows XP professional, if you open up a program and or minimize a program, it shows up in the task-bar at the bottom your screen, as mine used to do, the task-bar is still there but if you Do any multitasking or minimize a program they disappear you have to go into task manager to retrieve them , if you're multitasking this creates a bit of a Inconvenience. Does anybody have any idea how I can retrieve just that area of the task-bar?
thank you :confused:

OK, your taskbar with the START button is still visible at the bottom of your screen? When you minimize a running program window, it dissapears?

Have you an up to date anti-virus?

drftydude

Yes, I have been using AVG. antivirus which updates Automatically virtually every day, I run antivirus scans automatically every morning. I have gone through all of the taskbar setup stuff that I can find everything on the taskbar works except programs you have open and or minimize.

um...are you talking about the "group similar programs" thing? if your multitasking, and have a lot of windows open that take up the whole bar, they will eventually shrink into a single bar if you keep opening more.

and if this happens to be internet explorer, and you HAPPEN to have some adware and junk, it could be opening up a lot withouth you knowing. but i think it might be the group similar checkbox thingy.

drftydude

This happens in the windows taskbar with all open programs even one program disappears, if I log in under eight different user it works fine, but logging to me all of the programs just disappears and again I have to go to task manager to bring it back up or go to the desktop and bring it back up that way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online