1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP account mixed with system account

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gsingh2011, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsingh2011

gsingh2011 Thread Starter

Yesterday I tried logging in with system rights to my computer. I went to cmd and typed:
    at HH:MM \interactive cmd.exe
    A new cmd opened. I went to task manager and ended the explorer task. Then in the new cmd, I typed:
    start explorer.exe
    Then the explorer had a different background and everything, and I was logged in as SYSTEM. The problem is, today when I logged in, it logged me in to my normal account but when I click My Documents, it goes to Systems documents, I have to go to mine through a different path, and it isn't my desktop or theme either. Do I have to manually fix everything or is there a quick way to undo what the system account screwed up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/799536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice