1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP/Adaptec CD Burner

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FSG, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FSG

FSG Thread Starter

I installed XP and everythings great except my burner. I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator version 4.02 and went to roxio.com to get the 5.0 version which is compatible w/ Windows XP.
    So I downloaded the 90 day free version and it is not working, everything works up until I go to hit create CD and it says
    "Roxio EasyCDCreator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

2. aleece

aleece

I had the same problem. On the Roxio web site, there is a patch you have to install that will make version 5 operable with XP.

3. FSG

FSG Thread Starter

I tried the patch, I went to download and it says "click to begin migration", did that, so then I rebooted and tried it and still have the same message.
    The Patch I used was "xp up basicexe", is this the one you used?
    Thanks for responding. Mike.

4. ajdupont

ajdupont

Hi,
    I am also having problems with Roxio and Windpws XP. I have a perfectly legal cd of Easy CD Creator Platinum and tried to install it on a clean install of Windows XP. Ran all the Roxio patches etc. and cannot get it to work.
    I was able to install Easy CD Creator 4.0 and it works fine. I was also able to download the 90 day trial version of 5.0 Platinum and it also runs fine. Although some features are disabled by Roxio because of the "trial version".
    However, you do not have to run any patches in order for the trial version to work properly. Also you must uninstall any previous version of Easy CD Creator before installing a new version. And be sure to delete any "Adaptec" folders that may be left after the uninstall. If you do all of this then the trial version should work. Hope this helps you out

5. FSG

FSG Thread Starter

That didn't work either ..I get the same message...
    "Roxio EasyCDCreator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    I just talked to a friend of mine who bought the platinum 5.2 version..he's gonna install it on my comp.
    That's the great thing about XP, if you know someone with the software you need just invite onto your desktop and let them install it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice