1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp and internet explorer problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by itsmeitsmeitsme, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme Thread Starter

Ok guys and gals hope someone can help here because i am getting frustrated......my sister has a new dell computer and dialup....when she gets online she connects and gets to most sites but if I try and get on any site where we have to logon such as my banking site or a site or credit card site etc. then it displays the old "this page cannot be displayed".......i have checked all her security settings and they look fine....how do you do a repair of internet explorer 6 in XP....or any suggestions on what I need to do to get this thing working correctly......i also went to the microsoft updates site to try and download the latest updates and it gave me the following message......Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page.....i checked the controls under the custom settings on the security tab and they are set to Medium - low so they should work .......so it seems the active x controls are not behaving as they are set....HELP please

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

3. Del

Del

Just for fun, try going to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy and put it all the way down so it will accept 2nd and 3rd party cookies. Click ok, close IE and reopen and try it.

4. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme Thread Starter

I think I have tried this but Ive tried so many things I will try again and let you know...thanks for the info and the help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice