1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Blue Screen "SPOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Haychee, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Haychee

Haychee Thread Starter

Hello all,

This is my first post, I am not very computer literate and I am having a very large problem at the moment with my Windows XP Media Edition, with Microsoft Service Pack 3 installed.

This morning I started my computer and it worked fine initially loading up my desktop background and desktop icons, then the task bar at the bottom turned grey.

Without clicking anything my screen then turned blue and I got the error message that follows:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The WIndows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down

I rebooted about 4 times getting the same error, but on the 5th time it logged on as normal. I was then able to use the computer for about an hour I then turned it off. After rebooting it a few minutes ago the same error has appeared again and have rebooting about 10 times it doesnt seem to be going this time.

On occasions I get a different error which is:

"STOP: c00000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
    This application has failed to start because qt-mt.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Has anyone got any idea what this is and how to solve it? And if the two errors are related?

Thank you

Haychee

2. chefnee

chefnee

What was the last thing that you've or someone else has installed? Was it hardware or software?

3. Haychee

Haychee Thread Starter

Um it was a program so software.

4. chefnee

chefnee

When you get a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD), it means somethings wrong! Duh! :p Everyone knows that. But exactly what is the issue at hand. It is Windows way of telling you, whatever changed happened to the computer, either install new hardware and / or install new software, could be the issue. Sometimes when the software wasn't written properly and isn't completely tested for your operating system. You told me, "software" was the last thing that was installed. Find out what piece of software is and uninstall it. It might solve your problem.

I hope this helps.:)

5. chefnee

chefnee

To uninstall the software, go to safe mode by pressing F8 during boot up on your XP computer. And go to your Windows control panel and uninstall the program that was last installed.

I hope this helps.:)

6. shoutwity

shoutwity

this what has happened to my computer a few minutes ago and now it wont turn on. what scares me is that the last thing that was loaded on was a XP update o.o im on my wii right now

7. chefnee

chefnee

Please be more specific.

I will rephrase the information you have given. You stated that you keep getting BSOD. It has happened 3 or 4 times. But on the 5th time the computer turned on fine. Now you stated that it will not turn on. Was there anything that was missing from my assestment?

Were you able to go into Safe Mode?

How many people use that computer? If there was another person, ask them what was the last thing that has changed since you used it. There might be answer yet. We will solve it together.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Please attach copies of your crash files in the C:\Windows\minidump folder for analysis (if you can get them).

If you can boot from the XP CD, do so and run chkdsk /p on your drive.

Have you tried "Last Good..." and other startup options?

Were there any other problems with the machine lately? [​IMG]

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/941144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice