windows xp boot error (wont go beyond the loading screen)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dawnfire999

I recently cleaned my computer and on booting it up I found that it arrives at the screen which has the windows XP logo and the progress bar and then suddenly reboots again listing the advanced boot options. It would only boot in safe mode earlier.
So, I tried to fix the windows system files using the windows xp pro CD. I did this by selecting the the install option and then choosing repair when the setup shows my previous installation of windows xp. the setup then required a reboot to complete the installation. However, this time after the windows xp progress bar screen it gives me a blue screen with the following error;

STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF8DCB4D0, 0XF96DCFEC, 0XF96DCCEC)

Now the system wont load in safe mode as it gives a dialog box saying that the installation cannot complete in safe mode.

I have tried to move the RAM to another slot but its of no use.

Can anyone help me?

here is the system config:
Windows XP professional
P4 1.5 GHz
intel D845 GLAD
256 MB RAM
80 GB seagate HDD
Samsung 52X CD-ROM

Thanks.

Lijoy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online