1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp boot error (wont go beyond the loading screen)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dawnfire999, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawnfire999

dawnfire999 Thread Starter

I recently cleaned my computer and on booting it up I found that it arrives at the screen which has the windows XP logo and the progress bar and then suddenly reboots again listing the advanced boot options. It would only boot in safe mode earlier.
    So, I tried to fix the windows system files using the windows xp pro CD. I did this by selecting the the install option and then choosing repair when the setup shows my previous installation of windows xp. the setup then required a reboot to complete the installation. However, this time after the windows xp progress bar screen it gives me a blue screen with the following error;

STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF8DCB4D0, 0XF96DCFEC, 0XF96DCCEC)

Now the system wont load in safe mode as it gives a dialog box saying that the installation cannot complete in safe mode.

I have tried to move the RAM to another slot but its of no use.

Can anyone help me?

here is the system config:
    Windows XP professional
    P4 1.5 GHz
    intel D845 GLAD
    256 MB RAM
    80 GB seagate HDD
    Samsung 52X CD-ROM

Thanks.

Lijoy

2. jrbuergel

jrbuergel

First Name:
    Jim
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice