1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Boot Messed Up, Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xionlionpc, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xionlionpc

xionlionpc Thread Starter

I have Windows Vista and Windows XP dual-booting....right now Vista is the primary o/s that loads at the o/s selection screen on bootup. I put in another hard drive as a slave to install windows xp on it and when I installed xp on it and removed it and boot up my computer and select windows xp on the dual boot list, it shows Windows XP MCE as the second choice(the xp i've always had dual booted with vista) and now the first on that list is windows xp 64 bit edtion which i installed on the other hard drive, which is no longer in the computer. How do I remove Windows Xp x64 Edition from this list, it is not installed on my computer it is just on the list and it causes and error message if selected and I cannot select Windows XP MCE because of this error. I've tried repairing the mbr with 'fixmbr' and it did not help. Please Help. Thanks :confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

VistabootPro or EasyBCD

The item listing has nothing to do with the MBR. It is contained in the BCD registry of Vista.

3. xionlionpc

xionlionpc Thread Starter

Is there anyway to fix this or remove it?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice