1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP booting up issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by canava, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. canava

canava Thread Starter

I am having problems with my HP laptop booting back up. I moved my laptop last night from 1 place to another and it shut down. When I tried to boot back up, I received this message:

START WINDOWS NORMALLY

When I hit this message, it tries to boot back up normally and then I get a blue screen that comes up for a quick second that says:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
    The registry cannot load the hive (file):

The message pops up so fast that I am not able to read everything on the page.
    Then it repeats the whole process over and over.

Please let me know if I need to get more details from that page to determine the malfunction.

2. Sponsor

3. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

I have been given a notebook HP Pavilion Entertainment pc, with the same problem, and I am not sure if the message is the same as it goes so quick.

I have not had much to do with notebooks as I hate them, I loaded the OS via another computer and put the drive in, and what you said above happened. I don’t know if the same message though, I hope we get some ideas from people, I have tired other ram and nothing changes, I am thinking either processor, mother board or bios, in my case but In your case I would see if ram is still seated properly, since it was working before.

I have had a desk top not boot up properly when I moved it and the ram had come just fractionally loose.

Worth a go anyway.

Beanie

4. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

I loaded the OS via another computer and put the drive in,

When you load/install XP, it "reads" the machines hardware and loads/installs the appropriate drivers for that hardware. The machines motherboard is a main factor in this element. Drastic changes can result in it (XP) forcing reinstall of the OS.

5. canava

canava Thread Starter

What can I do to solve this problem?

6. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

This is correct, that mother boards and other hardware do need drivers, which is why I installed the ALL the drivers and all the programs I wanted for the NOTEBOOK and not the desktop I was using to load it all, considering I was not to use the notebook hard drive on that desk top there was no point in installing the desktop drivers.

I configured everything the way I wanted, BEFORE installing the hard drive back in the notebook.

Even though every install I have done (and I have done thousands of them in the work place) none has resulted in rebooting and or error messages if there was a driver missing it was a simple case of just installing the driver to fix anything but it certainly did not stop any computer I have handled from booting.

I have also had hard drives that have had two different sets of drivers, as I change the computer they go in, I also have towers that have the same mother boards so I don’t have to add drivers to some of the hard drives, this has never ever caused me any problems having drivers that are not used sitting on a hard drive.

Canava - dont know yet, I am hoping someone has come accross this before as I have not, so we will have to wait and see.

7. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

8. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

Hi Dan Penny

Thanks, I will look at those, I have received another tip to extend the time the message is up so I can look up the error number, or at least have the number up long enough for me to copy, so will try that first, so hopefully it will tell me what part is faulty.

Going to put the drive back on this computer and go into System Properties > Advance Tab > Startup and Recovery > Settings button > Un-tick Automatically Restart.

I will be able to get to a desk top by putting it back on this computer, which I used to load the OS to start with, I could get to a desk top before when I first loaded it, on this computer, so should be able to again.

Sure would be a lot easier if I was back at home, where some of my gear is or had my tool kit but I am stuck here till I fly back tomorrow, because of the floods.

I will certainly read up on the links, thanks for helping.

Cheers

Beanie

9. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

Ok have got the error number that comes up, I have done a search on the net but it does not apply or you have to pay for a solution, and I don’t want to, the error number is -

Ox0000007B (OxBACC7524, OxC0000034, Ox00000000, Ox00000000)

Any info on the above would be much appreciated, if I need to put this in a different post let me know.

Beanie

10. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

My last post was directed to the OP. (canava)

You should really start your own thread as it's a different problem.

11. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes I agree now that i have the error code, I will post elsewhere, I did not know it was a different problem till I was given a tip as to keeping the blue screen open long enough to get the error code, till then all I could go on was the same symptoms that Canava was getting.

But in essence we are both after the same thing as in what the error codes are.

Cheers

Beanie

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974307