1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP camera connection error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cinda276, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cinda276

cinda276 Thread Starter

I have a DXG-328 camera. I have been downloading pictures directly from camera up until today. Now I am getting a camera connection error. I deleted and reloaded all of the camera software. I tried both of the usb ports. I have used either of them before and everything worked fine. Is it a software or hardware problem you think? As soon as the camera would be plugged in the software Presto!Mr Photo3 would open. I haven't added anything new in the system.
    Thanks to all that will answer.:confused:

2. rx7ah

rx7ah

When you plug the camera in, does the computer make any kind of indication that it recognizes it? A noise? Anything showing up under My Computer?

Silly question but are the batteries good? Does the camera need to be on for it to register? Is the SD(or whatever memory card you use) in the camera? Plugged in all the way?

If you know the naming pattern of your pictures you can try to search them while they're still on the memory card and just instruct Windows to search everything under the sun.

Hope at least some of this helped. :confused:

3. cinda276

cinda276 Thread Starter

Thanks rx7ah, I don't have a memory card. I just use the cameras memory. I never had any problems until now. I just get the camera connection error. I opened up the camera software and selected get pictures from camera. I got the same error message. I wonder what happened, as it always worked before. The camera batteries are good. Maybe I need to go and use another computer system to make sure its not the camera. If I go to a public place to use the computer, would any photo software let you load the pictures?
    Thanks

4. rx7ah

rx7ah

To be honest, I don't think you even have to have photo software.

Most computers now automatically detect what you plug into USB ports and gives you an option of the various media programs to view/edit/delete ect.

This may seem a bit far fetched, but has the power surged for the computer that you're using? Or the USB cord damaged? Often the first thing to go in a power surge is the connections to USB ports that AREN'T coming out of the back of the computer.

I would strongly recommend trying a different computer AND trying a different connection cable.

I hope this helps; let me know how it turns out.

5. cinda276

cinda276 Thread Starter

I will go someplace Sunday to try another computer. I will let you know what happens. I don't think it had a power surge. It is connected to a power strip. Aren't they suppose to keep that from happening?
    Thanks for answering.

6. rx7ah

rx7ah

Technically they're supposed to prevent it from happening, and once the fuse reaches a certain amperage it's supposed to burn the connection inside of it to prevent it from transferring electricity. BUT, they don't ALWAYS work. If you have lightning strike near your house or some sort of electrical surge that's ridiculously strong, it can still jump over the gap and still get to your computer. It's unlikely, but it's happened before.

I'd be more inclined to believe an improper USB driver or a damaged cable, but since you said it was working before the driver should be correct.

EDIT: Also, you may try the connections in the back of the computer, opposed to the front/top panel. They have a higher chance of failure because they're not mounted directly to the motherboard.

7. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

does the camera use batteries? might try changing them if it does. i know my dig cam will not download pix 2 my pc if i take the batteries out.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice