windows XP cannot log on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techdad1

System error reads: Isass.exe "When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct"

I have tried the safe mood etc. I have not been able to boot up. Any help would be appreciated.

techdad1

I am using another computer. Sorry I am not sure your question.

On the computer that is having the problem, is there another user account you can try an log on with other than the one giving the password error.

techdad1

No it will not boot up to XP at all. It just gives me the system error as it is trying to boot up.

When you boot to safe mode, XP normally does not automatically try and log in with any account. What account are you using at that point?

techdad1

Window begins to load . I press F8 and it continues to try to load. It then gives that same Isass .exe. System Error and it contines to do this time after time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online