1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Xp cant read my Cdrom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrazymofoXp, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CrazymofoXp

CrazymofoXp Thread Starter

ehh my whenever i restart and go into the system setup it shows that my cdrom is there but when i long into windows xp and go into my computer folder it doesnt show the icon for my cdrom when i put a cd in the cdrom the light blinks the cd spins and then it stops nothing else happens. Heh and the cdrom was working fine last night so i have no clue whats wrong i just tryed to burn something today an it wouldnt work ehhh i need help an i need it quick

2. jthelpless

jthelpless

Try This. (shown below) As always use caution when editing the registry and be sure to back it up first. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

NOTE: If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely in the preceding key.

Restart your computer

3. CrazymofoXp

nope dude still doesnt show it in my computer folder

4. jthelpless

jthelpless

Un/Reinstall all buring software you have such as Roxio easy CD creator, Nero and any others you might have including Windows media player.

5. CrazymofoXp

oks i unistalled everything that deals with burning heh but i wun beable to reinstall it till i get my cdrom working

6. jthelpless

jthelpless

In device manager are their any yellow ?'s or !'s. If so which ones.

7. CrazymofoXp

MPU-401 compataible MIDI Device has the ! and the Second Standard Game Port also has the ! thats all

8. Mari0-Br0s

Mari0-Br0s

ok, this is cause you need to install the good driver of your sound card. but it's the second standard game port, so I think you have more than one sound card in your PC. The one on the motherboard and another one in a PCI slot. You'll need to desable the one you are not using.

For your cd-rom, what's your cd-rom model? I need the model, the brand and the speed. I'll find for ya the driver on the net.

Another problem can be the source. Have you installed this drive lately? Maybe your Jumper configuration isn't good.

A Jumper is a small square piece on the back of the drive, next to the large grey cable. You have the option Master, Slave and Cable. If your hard drive is pluggued with the same big grey cable than your cd-rom, then put the jumper to Slave. If each of them have a big grey cable, put the jumper to Master.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/144555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice