1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows xp code.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by billydeer, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billydeer

billydeer Thread Starter

Hello , I was just wondering about upgrading to the new windows xp home operating system and wanted to know something.Does the new code for windows xp update just add on to the code of windows ME or does it actually replace the code entirely so that it is a completely new operating system. I'm having a problem with re installing the windows ME and wanted to upgrade to windows xp anyway, but I wanted to do a clean install. If it adds code to windows ME then I don't want to use the upgrade, but if it REPLACES the old o.s. then i will buy the upgrade.

2. angel

angel

As far as I know the actual OS 'code' is different but if you install over the top of ME, most programs, files and settings (including any problems a program may have had) will remain. It's always best to do a clean install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice