1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Colors bleeding

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cynmarose, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cynmarose

cynmarose Thread Starter

The colors on my system are running. I've rebooted, as once before I had this problem.
    Words are hard to read because the colors are blending into one another.
    Ran System Check - Diagnostics and Utilities, and all passed.
    On my desktop, the titles of programs are hard to read.
    note; This page I am on is perfectly fine.??????
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You
    Cyn

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Read an article recently about color bleeding, claimed in some cases it was caused by ink replacement not being up to manufactures spec. Do you think thats a possibility?

3. prabhudr

prabhudr

cynmarose, do you mean colours on your monitor, or on your paper print outs?. Tried scaning with a good anti-virus?

4. cynmarose

cynmarose Thread Starter

Yes, Norton is great. No problems there. It is my monitor, the internet, anyhing I open.
    For example..the logo AOL is smeared looking and the letters faded.
    This is on al of my programs headers and the colors even when I read mail, the letters are indistinguishable at times.

Thanks so much for trying to help.

5. cynmarose

cynmarose Thread Starter

Printing is yet another problem. But, YES, I have replaced cartridges and even scanned one picture then after that, my HP fax, copier printer and scanner all in one...is doing NOTHING.
    It will not print, and come to think of it, this started after I changed the cartridges.
    I amnot very computer savy, but a question...What would my printer have to do with the colors feaking out on my PC.
    Thanks so much....Cyn

6. cynmarose

cynmarose Thread Starter

Thank you for those who replied.

7. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

Hi cynmarose Could it be a program someone installed as a joke ??

8. prabhudr

prabhudr

Well even i too don't know if a change of cartridge can affect your pc monitor, but it can certainly affect your print-out esp if the cartridge is a duplicate or if it was just a refill.
    Have you tried system restore back to a date before this started or any other point where u know everything was working fine.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice