Windows XP crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NJTechnoob

Hello,

I did a search first to see what was what, but i now need to ask my question.

Yesterday, I went to turn my computer on and it read "WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

There are a couple of things i must add:

1. OS is Windows XP Home Edition

2. I did not create backup Recovery discs from the HD(laptop is a HP dv6000).

3. I tried to download a boot disc iso from another thread from thecomputerguy.com/rc.iso and that did not do anything.

4. I have gone to F8 and actually clicked on each option and I still get t he original message or a blue screen

So I am in dire need of any and all help. The last remaining option is to pay HP like $16 for recovery disc. However, I need access to my laptop quickly?

ty for any help

Edit:

I am now able to get to the start of the recovery console: It gives me the options of

1: C:\WINDOWS
2: D:\MiniNT
3: F:\WINDOWS

i PRESS "1" then ENTER, but nothing happens afterwards? I click on option one but nothing?

NJTechnoob

i am able to now get to the Recovery Console, however, each time i type in a command prompt, nothing happens?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts