1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Crashed, Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by brina2006, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brina2006

brina2006 Thread Starter

I can't boot up my Dell 4300(?) computer anymore. Originally, the computer had the following error message:

"The system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORTY\SYSTEM. Shutdown will begin in 58 seconds. Shutdown message: The system process ‘C:\windows\system32\services.exe’ terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073740972. The system will now shut down and restart."

I tried booting up in Safe Mode per the Microsoft website but it didn't work. I tried booting up in Safe Mode with the Command prompt to try to get to System Restore (per Tech Support Guy's previous posting) but that didn't work either.

Now the original error message is gone since Windows won't boot up anymore. Instead I get the error message that my operating systems does not exist or is corrupted.

I tried booting up from the Windows XP CD but I am concerned that if I reinstall Windows XP, I will lose my data and files. If you chose the reinstall option, the system comes back with the message you will lose everything in your C:\Windows folder and the My Documents folder. Unfortunately, all my data is in the My Documents folder.

The CD also gives you the option of automated recovery but it states that you need the Windows Automated System Recovery Disk. Where do I get the Windows Automated System Disk?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

3. Tabvla

Tabvla

MysticEyes could be correct, it could be the Blaster Virus.

But..... Microsoft issued a patch for that vulnerability almost 3 years ago. Are you saying that you have not updated XP for 3 years... ???

Also, the Blaster Virus is well understood by all AntiVirus vendors and systems have been well protected against this virus and its variants for at least 2 years. Does that mean that you have not updated your AntiVirus software for 2 years....???

If you systems are up to date then it is highly unlikely that your problem is the Blaster Virus or a variant. If your systems are 3 years out of date then....... (n) (n) (n) .........

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice