1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP crashed showing critical error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by maldini, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maldini

maldini Thread Starter

May 14, 2011
    Please help me. During playing Sid Meier's Rail Road , my PC is suddenly restarted. After restart it shows "The system has recovered from a serious error." It is almost frequent now after a format. Before I played that game many times without any problem.
    Error Report, produced by windows contain these signature:

BCCode:10000050 BCP1:E3A3A104 BCP2:00000000 BCP3:BF35CE85

BCP4:00000001 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:3_0 Product:256_1

My system information:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 3.0
    GenuineIntel P4 Processor 2.66 GHz
    ASUS mother board (P5GL-TMX)
    40+160 GB HDD
    512 MB DDR1 RAM
    Intel 82915G/GV/910GL video card (128 MB)
    DirectX version 9.0c

It is to be noted my PC was running very good before. After the formatting of HDD1 (40 GB), the problems begin. I used TuneUP Utilities 2011 and Smart Defrag 2.2 to ensure optimal performance for my PC. I also used ESET Smart Security 4.
  2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Nov 16, 1999
    Well the "TuneUP Utilities" most likely did you in.
    They most of the time will do nothing but remove entries in the Registry that are needed, but the program does not think they are needed and your system get messed up.

Since you seem to know how to do a clean install I would do it again, and NOT run ANY program that will speed up this system. With a new build a defrag should not need to be done for a few days at least.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996825