1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows XP crashes!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by frog61, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frog61

frog61 Thread Starter

Hi all
    just started having issues with home PC.
    I have Win XP SP2, 2gb ram, amd 64 3000. 200gb space, etc etc.

Now when I turn on computer is boots up to windows then after almost 20 seconds starts to say it is closing I only get to see CFTMON.exe for a short period of time in a small box telling me its in process of shutting down.

When i try and place in xp disk to repair or reinstall windows it will only let me get half way through then either freezes or shuts down computer entirely!

any clues?

I have tried
    taking out some hardware ie: sound car, modem, dvd/cd drive, even one of my hard-drives, still same effect.
    i can hear what seems like a dodgy connection on motherboard somewhere? cant place where it is coming from or what it is, almost like a loose connection? cant be sure.
    have tried both xp home disks, and professional disks, same results.

have not had any new software on there, has been running fine until this evening.

Thank you in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice