Windows XP disable volume

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Towlies

What I am trying to do is setup simply two partitions due to my Windows XP install having a virus. I just want to make it so Windows XP can't access read/write to the other partition which I put Windows 7 on. Every time I start Windows XP it will infect that other partition on the spot, I even tried deny'ing access to it but wasn't quick enough on it.

That virus always infects that other partition. So I am looking for a way to disable the access to it?

Thanks

Towlies

Yea, I did remove most of the infection and as far as I can see its not infected the Windows 7 partition yet. I am just a little paranoid on this one because I don't want to see any virus spread and thought there would be a easier way to do it.

I attempted to use disk manager to remove the drive letter but for some reason it doesn't list the hard drive in there on my Windows XP install.

You mean that when you right-click My Computer, choose Manage, and in the left pane select Disk management, you can't see the Windows 7 partition? Or you can't even see the entire hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online