1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP disable volume

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Towlies, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Towlies

Towlies Thread Starter

What I am trying to do is setup simply two partitions due to my Windows XP install having a virus. I just want to make it so Windows XP can't access read/write to the other partition which I put Windows 7 on. Every time I start Windows XP it will infect that other partition on the spot, I even tried deny'ing access to it but wasn't quick enough on it.

That virus always infects that other partition. So I am looking for a way to disable the access to it?

Thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. Towlies

Towlies Thread Starter

Yea, I did remove most of the infection and as far as I can see its not infected the Windows 7 partition yet. I am just a little paranoid on this one because I don't want to see any virus spread and thought there would be a easier way to do it.

I attempted to use disk manager to remove the drive letter but for some reason it doesn't list the hard drive in there on my Windows XP install.

4. Jim Danner

Jim Danner

You mean that when you right-click My Computer, choose Manage, and in the left pane select Disk management, you can't see the Windows 7 partition? Or you can't even see the entire hard drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice