Windows XP double-click function on drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BAMBAM21

The double-click function works fine on all items except for my D-drive icon, checked every setting I know to check, and have no idea what the problem could be. It is one of three partitions, and is the only one that doesnt except it. I know its not a big deal, but its driving me nuts. Please help

S

Slithy Tove

Can you right-click the icon and choose "open" ? What do you see if you right-click the icon and choose properties ? Where exactly is this icon you are referring to ?

BAMBAM21

Yes I can access the drive by choosing the open option in the right click menu. The icon is in the my computer window, and under properties I see that I am using NTFS I have over half the drive empty, I have not compressed to save disk space, and I am allowing Indexing service. Im am not using disk quotas. Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0.

Thanks for your help

S

Slithy Tove

This makes no sense to me. The right-click/open action does the same thing as double-clicking. Since you can double-click one drive (icon) there would not seem to be a problem with the mouse, your fingers, double-click recognition, etc. I am stumped. I assume you have also tried re-booting to see if that will help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online