Windows XP double click problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grum2006

This problem has just cropped up and i have no idea what caused it or how to resolve it. The thing is whenever i double click to open any folders/images anywhere on the pc except the desktop it always brings up the windows search page - does anyone know how i can stop this happening? Not only is it maddening its very very labourious right clicking and going to the open option.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried using Restore Defaults?

Open My Computer and select Tools and Folder Options. Then on the General tab click Restore Defaults.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online