1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Drivers Needed for Dell Inspiron N5050

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kronkcarr, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kronkcarr

kronkcarr Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm new here and not able to pm yet. I saw a closed thread about this same issue. I have software that only runs on Windows XP. My Dell Inspiron N5050 has Windows 7 on it. I need the drivers for Window XP and any other information you think would be helpful I'd appreciate. I've never changed platforms on a computer before. Thanks in advance!

kronkcarr aka Beth Carr

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise N, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4004 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1810 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461837 MB, Free - 328734 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 01HXXJ
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would love to help you. unfortunately there are no windows xp drivers for that model.and trying to find them is going to be a lesson in futility. the operating system drivers for that model are for windows 7 and 8 only.i personally will not buy a computer new unless it has drivers for xp listed. that way im saved hours of fustration trying to find what isnt there or change to a system that wont work without the correct drivers.

3. kronkcarr

kronkcarr Thread Starter

Can you tell me which new lap tops have the drivers I need? Thanks much.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Brand new laptops come with Windows 7 or Windows 8.

If you have software that runs on Windows XP, you might consider buying a Windows XP refurbished laptop from www.newegg.com or www.overstock.com or some other reliable source.

SUEOHIO and I are partial to Dell laptops, but you can buy whichever refurbished model you want.

-------------------------------------------------------

5. rajeevrnair

rajeevrnair

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im partial to dell laptops and have found quite a few very good new and used ones. however i will say that ibm/lenovo computers are also very well made and have had quite of few of those new and used and have been very happy with them overall.if you are truly bound and determined to have xp do some research beforehand and see if there are xp and windows 7 drivers listed for the model you want to buy. that way there wont be any surprises when you get it home and find out that you are stuck with an operating system you really didnt want.as far as the new computers with windows 8 in them be very cautious as some have a setting in the bios that will not even let you put windows 7 in it if 8 turns out to be a disappointment.before buying any computer new or used check before you buy.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice