1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Error Message

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Average_Kid, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Average_Kid

Average_Kid Thread Starter

Every time I log onto my Windows XP Home Edition my computer will start loading like it usually does. Then after a little while a little message will appear on the screen saying
    Unhandled Exeption:c0000005
    At Address:100016b8
    The only thing i do is press ok (only thing to press) and continue on with everything as normal. I've Add/Roved programs my KaZaA which everyone tells me is the problem. After I did that i took some more advice from other support sites and installed Adaware version 5.83 which is ther newest. After running that I removed files and restarted my computer and i logged on and it came up again. I'm asking everyone or anyone to give me more advice on how to destroy this little annoyance. Thank you for your time and plz if you have any information notify me with a reply.

2. mtbird

mtbird

3. Average_Kid

Thank You very much for your help I have DelFin and i'm going to get rid of it as the site says. I'll post another reply once I get rid of DelFin.Once again I thank you for your help.:)

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Kazaa is known to install a lot of other spy and advertising bunkum in addition to Promulgate.

You should really also install, update and run Spybot following the directions in the link below. When updating, you should accept all updates except for the Language and PGP tools, which don't usually apply.

http://tomcoyote.com/SPYBOT/

5. Average_Kid

Thank you for your help i have succesfully uninstalled DelFin. After uninstallation i rebooted my computer and the message has vanished. Once again, Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice