1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp error messages

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kachow, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kachow

kachow Thread Starter

i get the following message(s) when i start up:
    C:\windows\msagent\csklqk.pif ....it says "invalid program file name, please check pif file....
    then: aquadcup.exe--unable to locate component. Application failed..MFC70.DLL not found....
    I can close these messages, but THEN i often have trouble getting online, or my connections are lost. What's happening...? Anyone have a clue?
    I appreciate your help and thank you....Kachow :D

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Those files are almost certainly Virus/Trojan/Spyware related. Almost certainly you have an infected PC.

Do you run an updated antivirus program?

Have you scanned with AdAware and Spybot?

3. ravenwings23

ravenwings23

OK!, not a computer genius here. I ahve windows xp home edition on my hp. I recently uninstalled a few of those hijacker/adware/spyware programs but for some reason htey aren't leaving my programs list.
    Also about every ten to thirty minutes my windows will just disappear, or I will get an error message that says a problem has occured and the programs need to close.
    I ALSO have a wupdater message, data1.dat not found.

WHat is going on here, i have searched help topics on my pc, adn have looked up several on line, i cant seem to get these problems straight

HELP!!! Damsel in distress here!!!!
    Thanks!
    Angi

4. kachow

kachow Thread Starter

I have McAfree, and run Adaware from time to time....still a problem. Any clue what to do about this? Thank you much!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice