Windows XP explorer Drive A folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

josephgbrw

Explorer does strange things when I open folders on the A drive.

If I put a floppy in the drive and double click on a folder in the right panel, the folder appears in the left panel. AOK.

However, if I put a different floppy in the drive and double click on a folder in the right panel, the folder appears in the left panel along with the folders form the first floppy. If I keep putting in more floppies and opening the folders, all the folders from all the floppies will be in the left panel.

Any insight would be greatly apppreciated.

It's a common problem for all versions of Windows as it does not know you changed floppies. All you need to do to fix it is select View and Refresh, which will update the list.

Brooks

An even quicker way to refresh the view is to press the f5 key when in the explorer window.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online