1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Explorer.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mexicandigge, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mexicandigge

mexicandigge Thread Starter

(mesage at start-up) "The application failed to initilize properly (0XC0000005). When starting my computer I get a message saying there's an application error Explorer.exe. The computer starts but no task bar or desk top is vitiable. I suspect what happened is when visiable was run it detected a virus. Instead of Quarantining the files they were deleted. When the computer was started the next time this was displayed. I'm assuming that windows may have to be reinstalled or can something be done in safemode?

Help

P.S all operating systems can be accessed through the task manger.

2. mexicandigge

Please help if you can

3. Augie65

Augie65

Did you try from the task manager: File> New Task(Run..) then type: explorer.exe and then OK?
    Next I would run the System File Checker.
    Click on Start then Run. In the Run box, type: sfc /scannow and then OK.
    Note: space between c and /
    You may be asked for your Windows CD, if asked insert it

4. mexicandigge

5. mexicandigge

Thanks Augie,

I was doing some reading prior to viewing your reply and decided to try the following; I started the computer in safemode and restored my settings from the previous week, which worked. Prior to that I tried restoring my last know configuration by pressing F8 at startup and picking Last Known Configuration which didn't work.

I did try your first suggestion prior to doing the above but I still got the msg. no able to run explorer.exe.

Thanks again for your response and help, much appreciated.

6. Augie65

Augie65

Glad you got it fixed.(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice