Windows XP file download problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Reybones88

With my freshly installed Windows XP, when i attempt to download off of sites, (eg. downloading the realplayer package, watching videos at break.com) it sits at the File Download window that usually just starts up right away.. acts as if it can't connect to the site, then closes with an error. :confused: Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem? my internet explorer always works, and file transfers from people and p2p work as well, but connecting to sites doesn't work. Someone give me a hand, send me a reply to [email protected] and post on here. thanks a lot.

Miz

Do you have a firewall running? If so, check it for downloading restrictions. Some newer versions of several different firewalls block a lot of downloads by default, based on file extension types.

Also check in IE>Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom level button that "File download" is enabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online