Windows XP File Permissions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skilar

Yesterday I got the sudden urge to go back to Linux, so I installed Slackware 10.1 to a partition on my second hard drive. During this process, I installed the bootloader to the master boot record, yet somehwere in the process my Windows XP installation got messed up so I could not load XP off of my first hard drive.

Today I formatted my second hard drive that I had installed Slackware on and installed Windows XP to it. All my files are still on my first hard drive as well as my original Windows XP installation, however I cannot access any of my files that were in My Documents, on the Desktop, in My Music, My Pictures, nothing. I presume this is because I decided on my last XP installation [that was to that first original hard drive] not to allow other users to view my files. Is there any way to access these files now that I've reinstalled XP? I could access them from Linux, but now I cannot access them and it is very frustrating. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online