1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP - Half Install : /

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by c0rrup, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c0rrup

c0rrup Thread Starter

Comp Specs -
    ASUS P5ND2-SLI
    Intel 3.0ghz Pentium D
    2 GB 667 Patriot Ram
    80GB Samsung HDD
    Radeon x1600PRO
    1 CD Rom
    No floppy

Okay to start off I will be using the same hdd that im on right now from this dell to put into my new system..Anyway I have a windows xp pro disc and valid serial and everything and after the installation gets past the first half of installing it then says it has to reboot in 15 seconds and then it will continue the installation......So it reboots....and shows my mobo screen then goes past that to a blank screen : / and when it does ask me to boot from cd I click a button and it starts the installation all over again! If anyone knows the problem I'd really appreciate it....< First Time Builder...

EDIT - Each time I turn the computer on it does a power test and revs all the fans and **** on high for like 30 seconds and also I dont hear any sounds.

2. simelwill

simelwill

When it re-boots, just let it carry on without pressing any key when asked to do so.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

4. c0rrup

c0rrup Thread Starter

Nothing worked yet : /
    Any one else has suggestions??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice