1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP home English with Registry Booster Spanish

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MindDoctor, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MindDoctor

MindDoctor Thread Starter

I have a valid installation of Windows XP Home in English with CD. I received "Uniblue Registry Booster 2010" in Spanish on a CD.

My question is if I install "Uniblue Registry Booster in Spanish on a Window XP platform that is in English, will the registry repair software be able to read the registry keys to repair/clean. Or must you have a Windows platform in Spanish for a registry repair/cleaner in Spanish. (I do not wish to have my English platform destroyed because the registry repair/cleaner is in Spanish).

I have sent 10 emails to what may be support, because I think that "Uniblue", hides behind a proxy. And they have not responded in the past two weeks.

Thanks in advance.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

The simple answer: don't ever use that type of crapware if you care about your computer.

There's absolutely nothing to gain from using any type of registry cleaner, optimizer, booster... You'll only end up crippling programs and Windows itself.

Run a registry cleaner like CCleaner on a fresh Windows install and it will still find entries to "fix"...

Registry Cleaners (read post #3)

Run a search here on the forum for registry cleaners. You'll find plenty of posts against them. Forum members here on TSG do not recommend that type of software.

3. Anon B

Anon B

do yourself a favor, take the Registry Booster CD and put it in the trash bin :D

4. MindDoctor

Thanks for the information. I do use ccleaner.

5. MindDoctor

Hi, Phantom010 & Anon B:

I sincerely respect your opinion, but I do not share the same opinion, inluding post #3.

At my age of 71 and having been around computers since IBM, including being a B-52 bomber pilot for 12 years, I find that well written registry cleaner software is an asset to your computer.

Provided that the software backs up your registry, you are knowledgeable of what is being deleted, (meaning that you do not want any software that just deletes at will, you want to be able to open every registry key found for deletion and make sure it is safe to delete.

(That is why I always advise people never to go into "regedit", and start deleting software keys that are left behind from a uninstall, if you do not know what you are doing).

I go all the way back to Windows 95 and I have used every platform that Microsoft has come out with and never once has my system failed/crashed from using what I call "well written", registry cleaners.

Never had a "blue screen of death", never needed to reinstall my platform, only performed upgrades with every new version with the exception of "Vista", that I thought was pure gargabe. All my platforms were purchased and legal.

Just yesterday a friend called me and said that "I am unable to install O&O defrag 14 for my HDD". Says, "c://o&o unable to find the path". Told him to run Uniblue registry Booster that I know he has installed. Found 170 errors, and cleaned them all after a registry back-up. The he was able to install O&O defrag 14.

If I knew every thing I would not have posted my question. Being a "beta tester" for security program, I have tested Nortons in Spanish on my English XP platform. Worked, but my report was 100% negative about the software ability to find or delete viruses. Plus leave over 375 fragments behind in your system that really need to be removed or it is difficult to install another anti virus software.

I use Auslogics registry cleaner, ccleaner, Advanced System Care Pro., that also cleans the registry, Ace Utilities, Uniblue Registry booster 2009 & JV16 power tools 2010 from Iceland.

Again I sincerely respect both opinions, but I do not share your opinions. Plus I appreciate you both for your feedback and kindness and interst in protecting my pc.

6. itsjusme

itsjusme

Anyone that knows enough about editing the registry to know what is safe to delete and what needs to be deleted, doesn`t need a registry cleaner to do it. You could do a fresh clean install of Windows without adding anything else except one of the registry cleaners, and i`d be willing to bet that it finds errors that "need to be fixed". I respect your opinion also and obviously you`ve had good success with them, but as you said, knowing how to edit the registry to start with is key to successfully using one. I know alot of people that have had exactly opposite results as you`ve had and torched their installation where it wouldnt boot or didnt work right if it did. Of course it would really help and make registry editing unnecessary in most cases if all uninstallers were well written and removed all the files so there were no leftovers to clean up. I do use JV16 though for manual cleanup, it is a pretty good tool. :) As for your question about the spanish installation, i don`t think it would work, but i`ve never tried it. Good question..........:D

7. MindDoctor

In my profession I am a medical volunteer doctor for the past 35 years. I donate my services to the poor, abused & vitims of war for no financial compensation). We all know that the poor far out number the rich and the gap between the rich and the poor grows greater by the day. My day can run 20 plus hour per day.

Plus I support doctors in third world countries via my computer.

With very little personal spare time, I have put into place individual security programs that are all 100% compatible. And registry repair/cleaners that I feel have a good safety net with excellent history. (There are times when I edit my own registry if I have the time, if not I relay on a set of software that I trust not to remove the wrong registry keys. (I have been lucky since Windows 95).

Believe me I would have a very difficult time if my pc was ever to crash as it is a very valuable asset in my work. (I am very comfortable with the many software programs that I have installed to fix/clean my registry.

My logic is that when you leave your registry loaded with junk that "uninstallers", fail to remove, or a "shell extension", that is empty on installation of a software, sooner or later your system is going to crash, like a person under severe stress, ignores the warning signs, and has a complete break-down.

I am 100% against the all in one security suites as I feel they do not work and only give the user a false sense of security.

Every person with a computer needs to find the right set of security programs that best suit their needs, plus being compatible.

As I stated I respect any person who does not believe in my logic pertaining to the need to clean out your registry in your computer.

Best regards,

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice