1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Home SP1-Can't find windows updates, at the site but no updates, Please He

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Windows XP Home SP1

I am helping a lady that her harddrive went bad so Dell put in a new one. I put the antivirus and some programs back on for her but I went to windows updates cause there should be a whole lot of updates there such as sp1 and all the updates that sp1 would have now (I told her she does not want sp2 right now) so where do I get the updates and how do I know what updates should be downloaded, it does not show any updates in add/remove programs and at the windows update site it only showed one update which I downloaded, but there has to be a whole bunch, anyone know anything about this?? Where to get the ones she needs and what ones they are??, Hope so Thanks

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Wow I am sure that will work, iif I download sp1 from there then whatever might be missing should show up on windows updates then I would think, Thanks, you always seem to come through, Thanks again.

4. Sequal7

Sequal7

Is the dell backup disk SP1 or SP2? If it SP1 it wont show alot of updates, until the latest update software is installed. It will then show all the available SP2 updates. At that time, you can choose manually, and select all critical except SP2.

See if it is XP SP1 in the system properties, see image

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      18.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

6. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I am not used to working with dells, I did not no they had a disk that came with it for sp1 or sp2, if thats what you mean?? I will look, I won't be there till tommoruw late morning, I think!!! I think when I looked earlier tonight on the system properties it did not say which it was. So your saying there should be a disk that came with it that has sp1 or 2 on it and I can download it and then anyother ones I need will show up on windows update site???

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/295348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice