1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows XP Home sp2 errors-errors-errors-HELP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I have noticed in my event logs I have lots and lots of errors over and over again, they are like DCOM EVENT 10005 , and atapi event 9, and cdrom event 51 and all three are over and over again thats what caught my eye, can anyone tell me what it means and if I should be concerned and if so how to fix them, please help thanks

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I really don't know when all of them started, I just happen to be kind of messing around looking at things and I noticed all those, I have had problems with the cd writer not wanting to write sometimes or acting funny like not wanting to show everything that I know is on the cd but the other ones I don't even know what they are let alone when they started happening, would they have anything to do with, well the computer I am on is on my home network ( just 2 computers) and I am on the client, I have tried and tried and I cannot get to the windows update page to check for updates or windows support to download any patches, I can get just about every place else but it will not take me to that page, any idea's on that or the other?

4. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I won't even be able to get to the urls you suggest cause those are microsoft support and for some reason I just cannot get to that.

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

It is possible that the CD ROM drive is simply going bad. Especially if you are getting these errors from multiple CD's.

If you can't get to the Windows Update page or their Support pages, what MS pages can you get to?

6. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I don't know any besides the support, the troubleshooting, any suggestions for one to try?

7. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

8. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

No not even that one, I am on the host now but I just tried that on the client and won't go, I am going to try to download those kbid you said on 3 1/2 floppy and then load them on the client that way, any idea's on why I can't get micosoft on the client but eveything else I can?

9. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

If it is just microsoft's sites you can't get to, might check your IE settings to see if they are on any of the restricted sites. You also might check your hosts files to make sure they aren't incorrectly listed there (or listed at all).

Basically the majority of the information regarding both those errors seemed to indicate a faulty CD ROM drive. Is there another one you can temporarily use.

10. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Yes, thats no problem, the part about not being able to get to the updates and patches or any micosoft is what is really bothering me.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice