1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp home SP2-Outlook Express problem among others

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by xfile47, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Everytime I try to open outlook express it says it has to close and you click don't send an error message to microsoft and then outlook express just closes. I did it both ways sent and not send the error message to microsoft. Event viewer under 1000 said to install outlook express but that does not work either. it says now error 0x800c012E,5 And also that it can't find the MSOE.DLL I tried to register the msoe.dll but it says it can't find it. I went into %systemroot%\inf and right click on the msoe.50 dll and click install but won',t tried to go into control panel and windows components and then highlighted outlook express and it went through the wizard but didn't help. Like it is not there. also haveing trouble downloading anything from the interner and if you put a floppy in with a program on it and doubleclick it to run it it will not run, right click and click open still won't do anything can't copy and paste it to the desktop won't do that either but you can copy and paste things that are already on the computer. I need to get outlook express back and how to download stuff from the internet, can someone give me some idea's? there is no system disk for the computer I am talking about, I went to the help tools it is a compaq presario and burned the recovery cds thought I would try a repair but as soon as I put the 1st one in it said these disks were not for this computer, there has been 3 hard drives put in this computer it isn't mine, but is it that the burned cds are from this hard drive so they don't match the computer or what? can I use them anyway for a repair, not a clean install must a repair to see if that will help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice