1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP home sp2-screen jumping & more

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

about an hour ago my screen stated jumping, like just half way up and then down real fast and a few times in a row, it is sporadic when it does it, also my network won't work unless I have the sp2 firewall off, if it is on I can't get anywhere on the internet on the client computer, turn it off on the host and I can get anywhere I want on the client. I updated all my ad-ware, spybot, spyblaster etc but computer is running bad since I have sp2 on it, can you get rid of sp2 and go back to sp1 or am I stuck, I don't no how to do the port thing to let my client computer get to the internet, compter is acting wierd like when I go to a site it shows up a piece at a time etc, ran Mcafee virus scan show up an unwanted program Leaktest which I deleted, the date was also wrong on this, the host computer it was at the sat 19th I changed it back, the client computer was dated right, any suggestions, also last night there were a bunch of programs in my trusted site on the client computer, it turned out to be some sites I had gone to and some e-mail sites and searchsqure was in there to, I didn't put them in so HOW did they get there? I took them out , but will they come back on there own? Please help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice