1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP home sp2 setting up homenetwork-help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

My question is, I have a network set up with a crossover cable between the host and client computer. I bought a 5 port hub. Can I just unhook the crossover and then hook up the hub? I have dial up, so do I just leave the phone line plugged into the computer and then plug both computers into the hub and then I will have internet on both? do I have to undo any of the network I already had woth the crossover cable? If not, I just need to know if, I leave the phone line connected to the host computer and then plug both computers into the hub and I will have internet on both? Someone please answer. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice