1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP: How do I darken text?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wgreene, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Jul 19, 2001
    I recently had a new hard drive installed on my computer. Now I notice that the normal text on webpages appears too light and too small, making it difficult for me to read. Even the "File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help" headings at the top of the screen appear too light.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me how to enlarge and darken (or make bold) the text. I sure there has to be a simple solution. Thank you.
  2. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Aug 26, 2006
    If you are using Firefox,you can go into tools>options>content and change the fonts.
    You can also right click on your desktop and select properties>appearance>advanced>and click on the Item box and select font changes in there.
    Hope some of that helps.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/868962