1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Icon Text Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by i30nes, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. i30nes

i30nes Thread Starter

I recently reinstalled XP pro on a Latitude D505 and when I entered the C drive I noticed this small issue shown in the picture below... If you cant see the picture this basically sums it up. When I enter the hard drive all I am able to see is just icons. No names next to them. Concluded the text is in white until I select them. How do I go about changing the text color for the icons? I have tried using the display properties and appearance tab. Any other idea?!:confused: Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Try system Restore

3. 1101doc

1101doc

I suggest that you try the "Details" setting for the files. "Icons" often have problems with text. What happens in the "Details" mode?

4. i30nes

i30nes Thread Starter

I switched the view to details mode. All of the text is still white until you just single click on the folder. Which turns the text black while highlighted... But all thats shown is the folder icon itself with white text matching the background.

5. 1101doc

1101doc

Before we try a regedit, please check in the Display applet of Control Panel under the Appearance tab. Select the button on the lower right labeled Advanced, and in the drop-down menu box olease select Window. Although the space for the type of font is greyed out, the color selection button should be active. If not black, click the small "v" on the right of the color patch and choose black. Any change?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice