windows XP in rebooting loop(can't do anything)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acerzr2

Newly built comp. Everything was running fine, then on a reboot, XP rebooted again by itself. I shut down, rebooted, and it did it again. So I decided to try safe mode, but anything I selected wouldn't work. I then tried a repair install of XP. During the setup, with approx. 30 mins. left, a window popped up saying it needed a CD with my ethernet files on it? So I put it in and it rebooted(here we go again). Shut down, tried again with no CD's in and it wants to continue with XP's setup even with no CD in the drive. So after about 14 hrs. of trying, all I WANT TO DO IS START FROM SCRATCH WITH A FRESH INSTALL of XP. But I can't because all it wants to do is continue setup(which I've tried 6 times). I have 2 74Gb Raptors in RAID-0. Is there a way to get out of the "continue setup"
and possibly reformat the HDDs to start from scratch? Please help. Again, all I want to do at this point is install a FRESH COPY OF XP, no more troubleshooting for me.
EDIT: I can't get into Windows at all, so no way to restore, reformat, or uninstall drivers.

You should be able to Boot off the XP CD,
I will assume you have the BIOS set to boot from the CD first, you should see a line early in the Boot process asking if you want to boot from the cd, you need to hit any key.

You need to be fairly quick to catch it, you can then delete and format the partitions by following the prompts, and install a clean copy of XP.

acerzr2

Thanks EvileYe, but everytime I start the computer it goes to the continue Windows setup at the 39 min. mark(whether I have the XP CD in or not). Yes it is set to boot from CD. Is there anyway I can do a reformat from the BIOS? Because I can always get into it?

Make sure when it says, press any key to boot from cd... that you are hitting a key. Otherwise it will skip to the hard drive and go into windows setup, from the previous instalation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online