Windows XP is blocking my Local area network FTP access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tabish

hello all,

This is my first posting here.

I have two computer connected through LAN and botah have XP. My one computer has internet connection and I am using Windos internet sharing for my second computer.

For past few days, I am unable to upload from file from my second PC (which doesnt have direct internt connection) .. previously everything was working fine but now when i try to uplaod any file using FTP programme from second computer, it will show the progress bar of uploading but it never never complete 100% uploading.. it hangs..

Please help me

Regards
Tabish

Are you using: Use Passive FTP?

To check open IE and select Tools, Internet Options, and Advanced.

tabish

Dan O said:
Are you using: Use Passive FTP?

To check open IE and select Tools, Internet Options, and Advanced.
I am using Absolute FTP..

tabish

Dan O said:
Well, try Passive FTP and let us know if it made any different.
Yes. Passive FTP is already selected. The computer which is using Direct connection of internet, is able to do FTP. But second computer which is sharing connection from this PC is not able to Upload any file through FTP. I can connect FTP, and download files through FTP but when times comes to Upload any file, it fails. Also one thing i mentioned, I am unable to Attach any file using yahoo mail or any.

Please help me.
Regards

tabish

pentmasturjr said:
passive is my advice
I told already that Passive FTP option is already selected in my Internet Explorara->Tools->options->Advance

What else i need to do? I use Absolute FTP to upload files..

Regards

On the second PC try enabling the Proxy setting, pointing it to use the IP address of the first PC.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online