1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP is blocking my Local area network FTP access

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tabish, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tabish

tabish Thread Starter

hello all,

This is my first posting here.

I have two computer connected through LAN and botah have XP. My one computer has internet connection and I am using Windos internet sharing for my second computer.

For past few days, I am unable to upload from file from my second PC (which doesnt have direct internt connection) .. previously everything was working fine but now when i try to uplaod any file using FTP programme from second computer, it will show the progress bar of uploading but it never never complete 100% uploading.. it hangs..

Please help me

Regards
    Tabish

2. Dan O

Dan O

Are you using: Use Passive FTP?

To check open IE and select Tools, Internet Options, and Advanced.

3. tabish

tabish Thread Starter

I am using Absolute FTP..

4. Dan O

Dan O

Well, try Passive FTP and let us know if it made any different.

5. tabish

tabish Thread Starter

Yes. Passive FTP is already selected. The computer which is using Direct connection of internet, is able to do FTP. But second computer which is sharing connection from this PC is not able to Upload any file through FTP. I can connect FTP, and download files through FTP but when times comes to Upload any file, it fails. Also one thing i mentioned, I am unable to Attach any file using yahoo mail or any.

Please help me.
    Regards

6. pentmasturjr

pentmasturjr

passive is my advice

7. tabish

tabish Thread Starter

I told already that Passive FTP option is already selected in my Internet Explorara->Tools->options->Advance

What else i need to do? I use Absolute FTP to upload files..

Regards

8. Dan O

Dan O

On the second PC try enabling the Proxy setting, pointing it to use the IP address of the first PC.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice