1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP language problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chaoscreater, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater Thread Starter

Hi all, yesterday i reformatted my PC and installed a clean version of Windows XP, and trust me i know how to install windows properly i've done it many times before, i basically boot the disc (enabling read from CD drive as first option from BIOS) and then install it and done. Nothing went wrong and the installation is easy as. Just a problem, during the installation it'll ask u to configure a few settings such as date and language. I was busy and i click the "NEXT" option too fast (because i've already been through the installation before) and i skipped the bit when it asks you to choose your language and country. I was suppose to choose English and New Zealand, but since i skipped it the first option is "Arabic". After i installed Windows, surprisingly it shows english, everything is english except a few files.

My problem is i wanna change the country and the language so that everything is in proper english because some files still show Arabic, but i can't do that. Here's a screenshot of wat i mean:

[​IMG]

as you can see, it shows Arabic on some programs....

[​IMG]

and i tried to change the language from Control Panel and it doesn't work, it shows this problem.

Note: the problem is that i can't "APPLY" the settings, i changed everything to english in every tab but when i click apply it shows the administrator problem. It's got nothing to do with the Vista Transformation Packs etc i'm using because the programs show english perfectly and also my XP already shows some Arabic language when i installed it, not after i install the programs.

by the way, i'm running Windows XP, not Vista. It may look like Vista but it's only cuz i'm using Vista Transformation Pack 7 and Vista Inspirat, which are programs that changes the appearance of Vista.

So yea i couldn't change the language, plz help me and i'm login as Administrator by the way, i don't know why it doesn't work.

If i can't change the settings due to some random admin problem, can someone tell me where to download the english language pack? Because i don't wanna format XP again and since most files are in english i think changing a few settings should settle the problem.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Looks a lot like Vista. Either you're running it or the skin that makes XP look like Vista which has been the topic of a few threads here as causing strange system problems.

4. chaoscreater

chaoscreater Thread Starter

plz read properly, i said that the program (Vista Transformation Pack) has got nothing to do with the problem. The problem EXISTED before i installed the program. The program shows 100% english after i installed it, therefore that shouldn't be a problem either. But yes i tried disabling it and it doesn't affect, like i said the XP already has the problem when i installed it, not after i install the program.

and also the site doesn't help me, i posted the exact topic at serveral other forums and a lot of ppl either did not read my questions properly or they point out the obvious which i already tried. Plz note, i "KNOW" more than enough how to change the language and yes i tried the options and all the stuff listed in the site, how simple and easy can it get? I already mentioned i changed everything in every tab to english, including changing the country etc, i told u guys so many times and i kept emphasizing:

"I can't "APPLY" the settings"!

If i can't apply the settings, it doesn't matter wat language i choose cuz it won't be changed!!

Could someone plz read properly and can some admins or experts help me on this? I'm annoyed now that serveral ppl from serveral forums don't read properly and point out problems which i listed already.

5. Hank175

Hank175

Hey I know exactly what you are talking about. Random menus and windows are in that language. I'm having a heck of a time finding anything about it, too. I'm getting desperate here.

6. thelostdude

thelostdude

I too experienced the same problem, where the majority of the OS was in english but just a few items were in Arabic.

I tried downloading Sysprep to change the regional and language settings but that did not resolve the problem.

Then I tried the MUI language pack but that did not have the files necessary for english, so I could change the operating system language to Spanish but it will keep the firewall, the system info in arabic.

Finally, I noticed that most of the elements in Arabic were the firewall, wireless internet, and various other Service Pack 2 software, so I ended up downloading the Service Pack 2 ENGLISH from microsoft and it work.

I dont know if it will work for you or not but just thought I shared my experience. This resulted out a restore of the i386 that were on the users hard drive, as DELL did not provide an original cd.

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU

7. Goku

Goku

Welcome to TSG Hank175 and thelostdude :)

I don't exactly know about this issue for sure but probably I can help you. Have a look at this article from Microsoft's website.

Configuring and Using International Features of Windows

Hope that helps you with your problem. Good Luck.(y)

8. thelostdude

thelostdude

Actually my solution to my problem was that while the i386 files that used to install windows were in english, someone maybe the user or maybe a dell technician, slipstream a Windows Service Pack 2 in Arabic. This caused everything to show in english except for drivers (which is what the original post was complaining about) , firewall settings, and ie settings were all in Arabic.

I reinstalled XP service pack 2 english over the arabic and it resolved my problem.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice