1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP laptop curser stuck

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by taeyjoo, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. taeyjoo

taeyjoo Thread Starter

I'm not sure which category this falls under as I don't know the cause of the problem. I have an old IBM Thinkpad R51 (loaded with Windows XP) which kept going through the boot up sequence without coming up all the way.

I had got it back to the factory default setting and now it is booting all the way to the desktop screen. But I have a new problem: the cursor (laptop mouse pad) is frozen. I was able to move it around as it was booting up but once it boots up to the desktop screen the cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen.

I would load the XP service pack but because of the cursor I can't. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

2. PCcruncher

PCcruncher

does it happen in safe mode?
    Could be some kind of driver issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!