Windows XP loading screen freezes and blue error screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bower24

When I boot my computer up my computer is freezing up once in a while at the loading screen with the blue loading bar. The bar goes across about three times and the on the fourth time it stops and freezes and nothing happens after that. Once in awhile it will go to a blue error screen witht the following codes: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF9787C09, 0xF9677FE8, 0x00000000). Someone please help.

Thank you.:eek:

awalker0878

Removed by request
have you tryed last known good config? If that does not work try booting into safe mode and run sfc /scannow from cmd

awalker0878

Removed by request
bower24 said:
What is sfc /scannow?
sfc (system file checker) is utility that has existed since windows 98 which allow the OS to catalog system files and restore any files that have been corrupted or modified improperly in windows xp if the file is not digitally signed by microsoft it will prompt for windows xp setup cd and restore the original. System File Checker is run in the background at all times and a backup copy of almost every windows dll and exe is stored in %windir%\system32\dllcache so if it modified it restored automatically without the cd. The cd is required when the file in dllcache has been modified or missing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online