1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP : Local account to active directory account

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jengaloo, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengaloo

jengaloo Thread Starter

I am setting up my own small network that include the following configuration :

Server : Windows 2000 Server with active directory
    Clients : 5 clients

My question is :

Is there an easier way have the existing local account converted to active directory account.

Objective :

I want to be able to have the current user of the pc sign-on to an active directory account and be able to have all the access to the existing applications, email(outlook express), bookmarks etc. which have been there in the local pc before the active dierctory upgrade.

I found that once I log in the local pc to the active directory domain, everything start fresh. The "my document" is empty. Cant see all the setting/folders which have been set up before the conversion to active directory.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thx
    OzzieGUY

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/372114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice