1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp lockup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ginnywinnieb, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ginnywinnieb

ginnywinnieb Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 2650 with windows xp on it and every time I turn the computer on it locks up and then goes to a blue screen telling me I have conflicting hardware or driver. Remove this and then try again.
    How do I find out which driver or hardware is not suppose to be on it. It is driving me crazy.

2. mobo

mobo

Do have an expansion card like sound or video ? If so open the case remove them restart the system and start adding them one by one..

3. ginnywinnieb

I am no computer buff and I would not know what I have. I bought this laptop at an auction and the only thing it had on it was the operating system. No discs came with it. If I remove these objects like you suggested, will I be able to add them back without software?

4. scmazter

scmazter

Ahhh, you bought a LAPTOP from an AUCTION without TESTING IT? It can't get much worser. I'm taking motherboard ment PC sound and video cards, which are actual objects you can take out and in of a PC. However a laptop has these built in it. It is impossible (or well 99.9% impossible) to change these in a laptop, and before any laptop is sold these are tested with each other.
    If your laptop is giving you that error, well I'm not sure if there's anything you can do, depends.. Can you get into windows? When is it giving you the blue screen?

5. mobo

mobo

Well what you can do now is if you can get into windows at all is to update all your drivers like chipset first, then mobo sound. nic etc.

6. ginnywinnieb

I can enter windows in safe mode. It does not seem to lock up on me here. However, if I could have some intstruction on how to update and find these drivers, I would appreciate it. Like stated before, I am no computer buff.

7. ginnywinnieb

I forgot to state that I went into hardware and I did not get any conflicts there. I tested each and every thing that the computer has on it.

8. mobo

mobo

I use aida 32 first to identify the hardware to be updated. Then search on the net (preferably the manufacturer site) for the drivers for each item. Usually all you need are motherboard chipset, sound card, video card and network card.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice