Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Xp Log On Password

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Dan O 
#1 ·
Can't access windows \ computer boots up to windows logon screen and asks me to pick name to log on as but there is no names to log on as\ when i HIT CONTOL ALT DELETE twice it bring up a log in box with my name and password but some else put password in and they can't remember it \ I tried typing in the name administrator and it tells me that ,that is not availiable for this profile. I can't even get to the windows screen to change the password in the user accounts. I think is what I'm looking for is in the DOS command line C:\>??????????????????????

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

#7 ·
If the system did have an admin password that is not blank, send me an e-mail and I'll let you know of some free 3rd party software that will allow you to reset any user's password. Not sure if it's ok to put the information in this forum. Just needed to use this today when someone forgot both their user and admin passwords. Only takes a few minutes to run and fits on a floppy.

#8 ·
Hello, it has a password and won't let me log on to windows without putting it in. I don't know the password and I can't access the desktop to even change it. Even when I did a recovery it wants the administrator password, what it is I don't know. I need a way around it so that I can get to the desktop and reset it.
I can't get past the log on screen.

THANKS

#13 ·
For some reason that program only works if there is more than one user profiles to work from. There is only one profile \ one password \ one log in name. When I use that program it listed what profile to boot from,and there is only one so I'm right back where I started can't get in.

So far still need help

#14 ·
I've used it with just the administrator's account, one additional user, or many users. Never had any problems.

It should give a list of all the user accounts and then prompt for which one you want to change.

You many need to manually enter in the actual location of the config directory. I think the default is \windows\system32\config. Sometimes it may be \winnt\system32\config

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.