windows xp media center edition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XPUser1991

my grandmother bought an hp pavilion dv4-1555dx with a trial version of windows 7 home 64 bit, her trial is up, and she wants to keep all of her music and videos and other media files, so i was wondering, what options would we have, before installing windows xp mce?

Copy them to another partition or better yet, to an external drive that can be disconnected before doing the install, or best do both. I've had friends who backed up their data to a second hard drive, then re-installed, and managed to erase both hard drives in the process.

Be sure you verify that the files copied correctly, and not just shortcuts to the originals.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online