Windows XP Media Centre

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Grimm_Oaks

I bought a laptop that had windows media centre already installed, But when I try use it it cant find messenger also when I try to connect it to my xbox 360 it comes back with an error and tells me to re-install But it never came with any disc's. Does anyone know where I can get the software or how to fix this?

Grimm_Oaks

downloaded what i needed software wise, followed the instructions, still says there was an error installing media centre and to re-install

Is there anything more specific with the error? At what part of the process does the error occur? Installing the extender software, or earlier, trying to install the Media Center Update (KB895961)?

I don't have an xbox360, so can really do much testing, but maybe I can find something.

Also, the exact version of Media Center you are running might make a difference.

Jerry

Grimm_Oaks

unfortunately theres nothing specific, all I get is media centre saying there was a problem please re-install

Stoner

Banned
Check to make sure in 'Services' that Media Center and Messenger and any dependencies are check marked.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online