1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Media Centre

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Grimm_Oaks, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grimm_Oaks

Grimm_Oaks Thread Starter

I bought a laptop that had windows media centre already installed, But when I try use it it cant find messenger also when I try to connect it to my xbox 360 it comes back with an error and tells me to re-install But it never came with any disc's. Does anyone know where I can get the software or how to fix this?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

3. Grimm_Oaks

downloaded what i needed software wise, followed the instructions, still says there was an error installing media centre and to re-install

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Is there anything more specific with the error? At what part of the process does the error occur? Installing the extender software, or earlier, trying to install the Media Center Update (KB895961)?

I don't have an xbox360, so can really do much testing, but maybe I can find something.

Also, the exact version of Media Center you are running might make a difference.

Jerry

5. Grimm_Oaks

unfortunately theres nothing specific, all I get is media centre saying there was a problem please re-install

6. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Check to make sure in 'Services' that Media Center and Messenger and any dependencies are check marked.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice