Windows XP Menu error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

c.klaassen

Hi There,

I've recently joined as i have a problem with windows XP that i have never seen before. I've found it a tricky problem to search for as it could come under many problems such as Windows menu corruption etc. Anyway the picture attached shows the problem the best,
Basically a lot of my menu options (new folder etc) have gone and been replaced by either placeholder or some random numbers.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

PS this also effects my right click options. I'm on a Windows XP 64bit Dell workstation, that is connected to a server using Windows Server 2003 and have full access.
It happens while browsing network folders as well as local folders which is why i believe it to be a windows problem.

[/URL][/IMG]

Greetings c.klaassen , Welcome To TSG

Can You Show A Bigger Screen Shot of That Menu .. So That I Can Read Those Random Numbers.. CLSID

c.klaassen

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Registry Search 2.0 by Bobbi Flekman © 2005
; Version: 2.0.5.0

; Results at 02/04/2008 12:08:47 for strings:
; '{44075d61-2050-4df4-bc5d-cba88a84e75b}'
; Strings excluded from search:
; (None)
; Search in:
; Registry Keys Registry Values Registry Data
; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKEY_USERS

; End Of The Log...

Thanks
Chris

Start > Run > Regedit > Edit Tab > Find > For Find What - {44075D61-2050-4DF4-BC5D-CBA88A84E75B}

For Anything Found Right Click On The Key And Export It To A Text File... Then Copy And Paste Everything Here !

c.klaassen

Sorry nothing found.

Thank you for your help, very strange porblem huh?

Chris

c.klaassen

Nothing happens, no processes start or anything. was watching process manager.

c.klaassen

There are lots of things going on constantly but nothing extra happens when i try pressing the buttons.

When Did This Started Happening ? Have you Installed Anything New At That Time ?

Is "New" Also Missing From Right Click Context Menu ?

c.klaassen

If i right click in open space in a directory then i don't get anything coming up. (no menu at all)
But if i right click on a file i get a limited amount of options.

It's been going on for at least a few months but doesn't halt my workflow really so had ignored it during busy periods at work. Haven't installed anything that i would think would be a threat.

c.klaassen

I can make new folders etc when i operate through another program (eg photoshop file browser)

What If You Right Click On Desktop .. Do You Get The "New" Menu ?

Can Show A Screen Shot Of Every Context Menu .. Right Click File , Desktop ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online