Windows XP Most Recent Program List

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Couriant

James
Is there a way to permantley stop an icon of a program show on the recent program list that is in the Start Menu?

if you want to block just one program, and allow a few others, i don't think there's a real way to do it. the list is based on frequency--if you use a few other programs substantially more often than the one you're trying to hide, and it gets bumped down far enough, you might not see it.
i'll check the registry later when i've got time to see if there's some sort of way to lock that list.
if nothing else, you might try disabling the 'recent programs' list, and just putting some shortcuts in c:\documents and settings\username\start menu\, on the same level as Programs. this'll put those shortcuts on your start menu.
just don't fall in love with that 'recent programs' deal. i disable mine a long time ago, and then i switched back to the old-style start menu.

Tidus4Yuna said:
Is there a way to permantley stop an icon of a program show on the recent program list that is in the Start Menu?
I can't think of one - you'll just have to right click and delete it every time. You can turn off the List Recent Programmes facility completely by setting the number to display to zero. Right click the taskbar>Properties>Start Menu>Customise>Advanced.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.