1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Most Recent Program List

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Couriant, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    Is there a way to permantley stop an icon of a program show on the recent program list that is in the Start Menu?

2. mtown_onsite

mtown_onsite

Switch to "classic start menu" mode... :)

...not the answer you were seeking...

3. テツジン

テツジン

if you want to block just one program, and allow a few others, i don't think there's a real way to do it. the list is based on frequency--if you use a few other programs substantially more often than the one you're trying to hide, and it gets bumped down far enough, you might not see it.
    i'll check the registry later when i've got time to see if there's some sort of way to lock that list.
    if nothing else, you might try disabling the 'recent programs' list, and just putting some shortcuts in c:\documents and settings\username\start menu\, on the same level as Programs. this'll put those shortcuts on your start menu.
    just don't fall in love with that 'recent programs' deal. i disable mine a long time ago, and then i switched back to the old-style start menu.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I can't think of one - you'll just have to right click and delete it every time. You can turn off the List Recent Programmes facility completely by setting the number to display to zero. Right click the taskbar>Properties>Start Menu>Customise>Advanced.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice