Windows xp My Pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pinfinger

I've got a problem lately with the My Pictures folder.
Many of the pictures are mismatched. For example, when looking thru the catalog of pictures, many of the names of pictures that correspond to different pictures are in their place. Consequently, when I click to enlarge that picture, the picture with the corresponding name is enlarged, not the picture which is shown that I clicked on. How do I fix this?

Do you mean that the Thumbnails of the images don't correspond with the actual files?

If so, go to Folder Options in Control Panel
in View, uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
Go to the My Pictures folder, delete the file Thumbs.db - this is the thumbnail cache.

enable Hide protected operating system files again.

Next time you view thumbnails of images a new Thumbs.db file will be created.

pinfinger

I coudn't find the file called thumbs.db in My Pictures (where is it?)
However, I happened to discover that the small picture (or thumbnail) can be switched back to represent its correct file by changing the angle of the enlarged picture (flipping it sideways or upside-down) using the green icons directly to the right of the magnifying glass icons when the picture is enlarged (the pictures don't have to remain flipped as long as you flip it once). This definitely works for bringing the thumb back to where it should be, but each thumb must be restored individually.

lister said:
Folder Options in Control Panel
in View, uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
PS: did you try selecting all the images, then righthclick 'refresh Thumbnail' first?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online