1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp no accounts on start up cant log on

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kab75, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kab75

kab75 Thread Starter

Aug 4, 2012
    When I start my computer windows xp home goes into a page with no user accounts to put in a password. Which means I can't log into it!! Can anyone help me pleeeassse!!!!:eek:
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Dec 26, 2002
    Have you tried Safe Mode?
  3. Blacqwolf

Sep 9, 2011
    In addition to Safe Mode as stated above, have you tried pressing Cntrl-Alt+Del? When used on the login screen in Windows XP, it shows a login dialog that allows you to enter usernames/passwords manually, like a login form for an email provider.

Also, one security hole in the retail version of XP is by default the Administrator account is unlocked and enabled. You can try accessing this account if you can't access any others, and be able to restore your PC to a usable state. Be careful though; there's no restrictions to what you can do in this account.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063832